BABA'S WHISK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE GUIDE
Updated: May 21, 2020
Baking Tools & Stuff Needed:
STEP 1: Browning Butter: (10 - 15mins)
1. Using the unsalted butter provided, measure out 116g into a medium saucepan
2. Turn on the stove to a low-medium heat and place the medium saucepan over the heat to start melting the butter.
3. Once the butter is melted it will start to bubble that's when it starts to get brown 4. Once you smell a very nutty caramel smell and notice the butter turning brown, it means your butter has been browned.
5. Remove from the heat and pour it into a glass jar, let it cool down (Around 2 mins)
6. Add 2 ice cubes into the glass jar to cool the butter and subsequently place the whole jar in a bowl filled with ice and water. This will cool the browned butter further once it starts to become cold and thicken you know its ready to start mixing it into the dough! (3 to 5mins)
a. **NOTE: The goal here is to cool the butter till it just begins to thicken and solidify
STEP 2: Making the dough (10mins)
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 170c at Top & bottom hear + Convection (Lookout for this symbol on your oven, if your oven does not have this symbol, just choose the fan function). Ask us on Whatsapp @ 96381291 if you aren't sure :)
2. Pour Bag A into the mixing bowl
3. Combine cooled & thickened browned butter into the same bowl
4. Whisk and cream the mixture together until it becomes pale in color (from dark brown to light/pale brown)
5. Mix Egg with 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract, and measure out ½ the TOTAL weight (est. 27g)
6. Pour ½ the egg mixture into the browned butter mixture and whisk until well combined
7. Add Bag B into the same bowl, and fold the mixture with a spatula or wooden spoon until it is just combined
a. **NOTE: It’s okay if there’s a little flour unmixed in the dough
8. Pour Bag C into the same bowl and fold the mixture until it is JUST combined.
STEP 3: Baking the Cookies (5 - 10mins)
1. Line the baking tray with parchment paper provided
2. Use an Ice cream scoop around (~3.5cm in diameter) to scoop the cookie dough onto a baking tray
a. **NOTE: You can use your hands or a normal spoon, ideally shape the dough into a 3.5cm ball.
3. Spread the cookie dough around 5cm away from each other.
4. Place tray in a slightly lower than middle position in the oven and bake for 9mins @ 170deg C
5. Once baked let cookies rest and cool for around 5 - 10mins before trying them!